Saturday, October 16, 2010

What!?!

Let me first start out on such a happy note. I know it isn't Wednesday but I decided to hop on the scale this morning (just to make sure the number wasn't going in the WRONG direction) and to my surprise, I am below 160 lbs!!! Finally! I am at 159 lbs and am so excited! This gives me the extra push I need to buckle down and get to an even better weight.

Now let me recap the HORRIBLE day that I had yesterday. It started out with a trip to the pediatrician at 10:45 because of a peculiar rash that Rowynn had from head to toe. I thought the rash was an allergic reaction because I fed him some of my chili (he loved it by the way). Thankfully, all is well with that and she said it was a viral rash that would clear up on its own in a week or so.

In the mean time, poor kid is looking like a contagious, red spotted little man. Still cute. Just A LOT of red dots ALL over his poor body.

After getting home from the pediatrician's office it was time for some shut eye time. I was in the family room watching an episode of Lost when I heard a THUMP followed by a scream/cry (12:45).

I don't think I have ran that fast in a LONG time. When I opened Rowynn's door he was lying on the FLOOR!

What!?!

My baby has never stood up without assistance from me or daddy. I was a wreck. I was so scared that something would be wrong with him. I picked him up to sooth him while inside I was FREAKING out. I called his pediatrician and they were all out to lunch. So we loaded up and headed for the urgent care (1:00).

After seeing their PA (1:45), they wanted to send Rowynn to get a CT scan to make sure his cute, little head was okay. After talking it over with Rusty, we decided swinging by the pediatricians office first (4:00) would probably be better. Seeing that they deal with kids specifically and we were sure that they probably see things like this all the time!

Sure enough, 10 minutes with the pediatrician and our little spotted jumper was given a clean bill of health!

I must admit, it was a really hard day because it brought back a lot of emotion and flashbacks from the day Abigayl passed. I had a lot to work through yesterday and I am still trying to let things go today.

Sometimes I struggle with being a stay-at-home mom because of things like this. I know that with time it will get easier and I will learn not to freak out but in the mean time it is absolute torture to deal with "emergency" situations.

No comments: