Monday, October 25, 2010

Cute and Spooky

Rowynn got a chance to dress up as the CUTEST monkey when we headed out to Discoveryland's Camp Cute and Spooky Halloween event. Thanks to our AWESOME friends, Shaun and Katie, who invited us.

At Camp Cute and Spooky, they set up pony rides, a jump house, a maze, a trick-or-treat path, face painting, music, food, a petting zoo and a little show. It is really neat to see all the adorable kids dressed up in their Halloween costumes. I can't wait to do it again next year! I loved it.

Sadly, we had yet to buy a Halloween costume for Rowynn. Yes, I am neglecting my poor second child. Seeing that I bought Abigayl's in early September for her Halloween! Thankfully my friend Kimberlee had lent me 3 huge tubs full of clothes. One of the articles within those tubs was this super cute monkey costume.

It barely fit but by golly we got him in it!! I let him crawl around the house while daddy got ready and then figured out what a sweaty mess the poor guy was when we loaded him up in the car.... in the costume.... monkey hood and all! (No worries, he didn't have to suffer! I pulled the hood off so his head could get some air.)
It was probably a relief for the little guy when we stepped out of the car and into the cooler night air!

No, I'm not a bad mom. I put socks on him about 5 minutes after this picture was taken.
I know he doesn't look all that thrilled in the above pictures but he had just woken up from his short nap in the car. For running on not much sleep, I was pretty proud of my little roly-poly. 
Rowynn and I had to get a picture with our best buddies. I have a feeling these two boys are going to be more like family the whole time Rowynn is growing up. I look forward to every minute!

No comments: