Monday, August 31, 2009

What a STEAL!


Every morning (at least we try to make it every morning) Katie and I take a 2 mile walk around her neighborhood. I have 5 pairs of workout pants but here lately 2 of those pairs have become a little too snug around the belly. I don't want to squish the poor little guy/girl so I decided this weekend was the time to get a couple of new pairs.


Rusty decided that T.J. Maxx was going to be our best bet for a good deal and off we went. After trying on 9 different pairs, I finally narrowed it down to 2 that were very comfy and very well priced.
Before heading out, we browsed the shoe section. Nothing really jumped out and the ones that did just didn't seem to be the greatest bargain. Then, Rusty found the CLEARANCE section!!! I didn't even know there was a clearance section (for shoes at least) at T.J. Maxx. At first there weren't very many cute pairs but then.... I can hear the music in my head right now and the cloud forming around them.... I found a pair of black and gold Liz Claiborne pumps. I flipped the shoe over to see what they were going to cost me and almost fell over, right there in the isle. SEVEN DOLLARS!!!
I thought I had hit the jackpot with those babies. Then I spotted them, on the highest shelf they had, a pair of snake skin (faux of course) Franco Sarto sling backs. It was love at first sight. Please hold onto your chair for this one... the price... TEN DOLLARS!
That's right folks... I paid $17 dollars for two.. yes, I said two... pairs of name brand shoes!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I am all about deals and clearance racks!! Good find!

Anonymous said...

That's it! I'm going to TJ Maxx tomorrow!

carrie said...

You have such good taste.
Maybe you can be my personal shopper!!
Sounds like you're a good cook too. You ought to move to Indiana! ;)

Unknown said...

There is a dress at TJ Maxx that I MUST HAVE! Next time you go, let me know...because I need a favor :)

and then there is me. said...

i love a good deal!