Sunday, August 2, 2009

Big Game Alaska

Saturday is mom's day with the kids and to have something fun to do after brunch at Birchtree, we took Jaycob, Jordan and Josh to Big Game Alaska in Portage Glacier/Girdwood.

We didn't really think about it before we left and once we got there it was a little overcast with a slight drizzle. So, instead of walking the whole park we drove from one exhibit to the next. I may not have gotten the exercise that I wanted buy it was a joy getting to do something like that with the kids. I always love getting to see their reaction to things... it is always such a joy to see a child smile.

We saw bison

Musk Oxen (part of the goat family)









Elk
Baby Moose
Elk
More elk
A grizzly bear named Patron
Who jumps on his house as a trick for a sausage biscuit
Then stuck out his tongue for some reason

Finally, black bears that were only 6 feet away from me. It was really cool!

It was a really fun time getting to look at all of the neat animals with the kids and my mom. I always love going to Alaska in the summer because there are a few more things that can be done when there isn't snow on the ground!

No comments: