Monday, August 24, 2009

High End Taste

My husband always says that I have expensive taste but, when it comes to his taste in dessert I think it is the other way around.
One of Rusty's favorite desserts is, "Neiman Marcus Bars", thanks to our Sunday school leader's wife. One evening she made us dinner and brought the bars over for our dessert. They were delicious and unique. I badgered her until she gave me the recipe and now I am going to share it with the rest of you.

Get ready for it to knock your socks off!

It is gooey....

and crunchy and delectable.

Neiman Marcus Bars

1 box yellow cake mix

1- 8 oz. package cream cheese

1/2 C butter (1 stick)

1- 1 lb. box powdered sugar

3 eggs

1/2 C flake coconut

Beat 1 egg and butter. Add cake mix. Press into 8 x 12 inch pan (I used 9 x 13). Mix cream cheese and 2 eggs. Add in sugar. Add coconut. Spread over cake. Bake in preheated oven at 325 for 45 minutes. Cut when cool.

I hope you all enjoy them as much as Rusty does. They are really good and pretty addictive. If you are on a diet, I maybe would hold off on making them for a little while!

No comments: