Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tough Times Call for a Strong Husband....

It is amazing to me how much Rusty is willing to take on. He is our sole provider and my sole supporter. He deals with his own grief every day, works HARD at his job (which is physically demanding), takes care of all of the outdoor house chores and provides such a great support system for me. I have a wonderful husband.

I know that I don't make it any easier on him either. Since I returned home from my trip I have been EXTREMELY emotional, some days not feeling well, very tired and for the most part, useless (except for the whole growing a baby thing).

Rusty never criticizes that the house hasn't been cleaned or that I forgot to thaw out the meat for dinner. He reassures me when I feel bad that the house isn't cleaned or dinner isn't ready. He puts up with a lot from me and still chooses to love me each day (or so I hope!).

Last night is a great example of everything I have just wrote about. I had a VERY tough day yesterday. I was missing Abigayl A LOT and very emotional. I didn't feel well all day and I did not get much done around the house. When he got home he hugged me and did his best to comfort me. Then, he made dinner! It was such a relief to not have to cook last night. It was incredible to have him step up and tell me to go sit and that he would handle dinner.

He grilled hamburgers and fried up some zucchini and it was the best meal. He did such a fantastic job. I am so thankful to have a husband that can support me in every way. God is good and he blessed me with a wonderful man and a great marriage.

No comments: