Sunday, June 21, 2009

Project WET

I spent my evening Friday (2-9) and my day Saturday (9-5) at a class/seminar entitled Project WET (water education for teachers). I took the class because I am in the process of trying to achieve alternative certification so that I can become a teacher.

I already have a BS in Biology but I did not work in that field of study after graduation. So, I needed post bachelor work to get around that prerequisite. I took this class at my Alma Mater NSU-BA but from what I gather you can complete this in a 6 hour seminar for non-credit in other places, I'm just not sure where.

I am so glad that this is the class I chose to take. I had so much fun and it goes along well with what I want to do in the classroom. In this book there are tons of ways (in all subject areas, not just science and all grades) to teach kids important lessons about water and its importance.

So, if you are a teacher, home school teacher, youth leader or a parent that wants neat ways to interact with your kids, I suggest you look in to one of these seminars. They not only have water education but they have others like: project learning tree (forestry), project wild (animals and their surroundings), project wild aquatic (aquatic animals and their surroundings) and I think there are many others.

No comments: