Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Boot Camp Run Down...

I had a request from a blog follower (I can't believe I actually have people that follow my blog that aren't my family! It makes me kind of excited!!) to out line what we do in boot camp each day.

So, Day 1- Fitness test
Get on the scale and write down your weight. Also, take measurements of neck, bicep (not flexing), waist line (where your belly button is) and hips (around the largest part of the bum).
Now, run 1 mile but make sure you time it.
Do as many sit-ups (full sit-ups, no crunches) as you can in one minute.
Do as many push-ups (real push-ups, no girly push-ups!) as you can in one minute.
Do as many tricep dips as you can in one minute. You can check out the form here.

Now, write down all of this information and keep it. I think we do all the measuring/weighing again in two weeks. Otherwise, we won't do it again until the last day.

Day 2-
We did 25 jumping jacks, 20 walking lunges, 20 high knees, 20 butt kickers (run with your feet touching the booty). Now reverse it, 20 butt kickers, 20 high knees, 20 walking lunges, 20 jumping jacks.

Next we jogged to a station with 4 cones set up in a circle (or go to a baseball field) and lined up. We sprinted to 1st then jogged to home. Did 20 push-ups. Sprinted 1st and 2nd then jogged home. 20 v-push ups (stand with feet shoulder width apart, bend at waist with hands on the ground and little out in front and do the motion of a push-up). Sprint 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Do 10 tricep dippers (get in position like you are going to crab walk, then drop to do tricep dip.. no pelvic thrust). Last, sprint all bases. Do 10 sphinx push-ups. Demonstration here. (to make it easier do one arm at a time. Down, down, up, up)

Then we lined up one team across from the other (home across from 2nd). We ran the basses trying to catch each other. If you don't have a work out partner to do this with then run the bases as fast as you can. Do high knees for 1-2 minutes and run the bases again.

Do 10 sit-ups.

Now, do the sprints all again. Sprint to 1st. 20 push-ups. Sprint 1 and 2. 20 v push-ups. Sprint 1,2 and 3. 10 tricep dippers. Sprint all. 10 sphinx push-ups.

Do plank for 1 minute. Do side plank right for 1 minute. Side plank left for 1 minute. Super man for 1 minute.

Yeah!! Day 2 is over. Be ready to hurt a little!!

I hope it all makes sense. It is a lot of work but I'm already loving the way I feel. I hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything else you need me to include or a different way you would want me to word it.

Good luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so awesome! Thanks for this info. I'm going to try it starting tomorrow morning. I'm already getting up at 5 am and walking with a state trooper 2.5 miles each weekday morning...I think this info you've given me will be a huge help to add to my daily walking routine! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow!

Kari
tacoandkari@hotmail.com