Friday, April 24, 2009

Lots of money raised

Over the past three days the 6th grade center has been raising money for SIDS research. Today was the last day for donations and when Lori, a teacher friend of mine, counted up all the donations the total came to $721!!!

Lori made up the schedule (put together the whole event) and the incentives for the kids (hat day, pj day and gum day) and also incentives for the teachers (an extra planning hour). It is amazing how generous everyone was. I am so thankful that I have been able to be a part of the school so much this year. Being there helps me through some pretty tough days. Also by being there I have been able to form some great friendships. God is good!

Thank you Lori for becoming such a great friend and for spending your time putting everything together. It means so much to Rusty and I. Also, thank you to all of the faculty and students at the 6th grade center for caring about a cause that I hold so dear to my heart. You all are very special to me.