Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

Easter in the state of Oklahoma was a wet one. It somewhat matched our moods as we took Abigayl her Easter basket. Her basket was pink with pink filling and had a bunny in it that played "Jesus Loves Me". "Jesus Loves Me" is the song I used to sing to Abigayl before putting her down to sleep. It was always the last song I would sing to her and it was the last song I sang to her. It was a solemn Easter but we made sure to remember the true meaning of Easter.

Is it not amazing that God gave his ONLY son so that we ALL could spend eternal life with him in Heaven? If it weren't for Jesus Christ, I wouldn't be able to see my Abigayl again. Knowing that after my life on this Earth is complete I will spend eternity with her in my arms, walking along side Jesus, is such a comforting thought.

Thank you God for your sacrifice and thank you Jesus for paying the price for all of our sins.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" John 3:16

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

1 comment:

carrie said...

hey girl, thinking of you, sent you an email today, let me know if you got it, ok?