Thursday, April 23, 2009

Day 1 - Seattle, WA to Redmond, OR drive

We flew into Seattle at 11:30 am and were greeted by my psudo-mom Joyce. It had been YEARS since I had seen Joyce so it was great to be met by her smile. She drove us to our car rental place in Kirkland and from there we started our journey to Redmond, OR.

Thankfully, Joyce let us borrow her Garmin GPS (which is the greatest invention ever) and we made it to Redmond with no problems. Except for the little bit of ice we hit on Mt. Hood, in a dodge caliber! It was crazy but Rusty handled it really well.

Some where in Eastern Oregon... over Mt. Hood. It is a ravine that looked like the grand canyon. You just can't tell from my pictures.
I wish I would have been able to get a better shot, it was really cool.

On the road again... almost to Redmond. Just an hour or so left in the drive!

The Oregon desert is SO beautiful.

Hi!

Isn't this sunset marvelous?! I loved the way it looked going down behind the hills.

We finally made it to Redmond. We met up with my cousin, Christyn, and her fiance, Ben.

We hadn't seen each other in 5-6 years and I had never met her fiance. It was great to see her.
Day two we went shopping in Bend, OR and met my aunt Val for lunch. It was so nice to see her. It had been almost 4 years since I had seen my aunt.
Also that day, we hit up the Trader Joe's... it was so great being back in that store! I was so excited I could have cried. Here in Oklahoma we lack most every shopping store I love. Costco, Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack and Trader Joe's. But, I was able to hit Trader Joe's in Oregon and Washington!!
To be continued........

No comments: