Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A bump in the road

Today I have hit a bump in the road. Some days it feels like a mountain to maneuver and some days it's just a bump. I think today is a mountain. It is a hard realization that my girl would have been one year next month. One year! That means I have now been with out her for almost 7 months.

It makes me so sad that I won't get to see her take her first steps, pop out a mouth full of teeth or eat cake. Oh, how I would have loved to watch her eat cake! She was such a good eater and I can only imagine what her reaction to cake would have been! I miss her so much. Today it feels like my heart is just breaking. I can't get out of the funk today.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

3 comments:

carrie said...

I hear you girl, I have felt that way over and over and over about our Lila. I have a very wise friend who told me that she looks at it from a different standpoint, she sees it as an anniversary of days since her baby came to bless her life. We were all extremely blessed, and it seems that the saying to have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all- is ringing true for us. We were eternally blessed, for someday we'll be in Heaven with a complete family of those who love one another. Hugs to you, <3 -CB

The Andersons said...

I wish I could say something of value but probably the best thing I could ever say is that I will lift you up to the One who knows how to comfort you.

AustinFamily said...

Girl, my prayers are w/you! We know that He is the only One who can comfort you. I pray that you feel His loving, caring arms wrapped around you! Love ya!