Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Chocolate Sheet Cake...

After stopping in for my daily read at The Pioneer Woman's blog, I couldn't get this cake out of my head.

She had blogged about making her chocolate sheet cake but using an icing recipe from her Tasty Kitchen's website.

I decided to take a page from my friend Jill's playbook and make one dessert every week. Well, what a great thing to start off with! I know, I know.. my last post was about wanting to lose weight. But, I know I will fail if I deprive myself of things I love. I would rather be a few pounds away from my goal and be happy then eat a salad and chicken all the time.

This cake was a PERFECT combination for Rusty's taste and mine. It was nice a chocolaty but had the yummy vanilla frosting. And the frosting!! OH MY GOODNESS! So simple and so good. I have never made a frosting like this one before.

If you are looking for a yummy dessert, I say try this! The cake only takes 20 minutes in the oven and it is SUPER moist. Plus, that vanilla frosting is AMAZING!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Dessert of the week! WOO-HOO!!! LOL