Thursday, January 1, 2009

Bread.... from scratch!!

Those of you who know me well know how much I love to cook and bake. There are a few things that I have never been able to master. 1. bread 2. cinnamon rolls I think the thing that both of them have in common is a need to rise.

Well, thanks to my friend Jill, I achieved at making bread from scratch. You see, one night she and her family had us over for dinner. There I am eating a WONDERFUL sandwich. I asked where she bought the bread and she told me she made it. My jaw hit the floor. It was REALLY good bread.

So, the other day she had me over and gave me the recipe. Not only did she give me the recipe, but she told me all of her tricks to getting it to rise. Two days later, this was my master piece. I am SO proud of myself.

THANK YOU JILL!!!




No comments: