Friday, December 18, 2009

Timing

Last night, while Rusty was slaving away in Rowynn's room, I headed out for my first night of Bunco. Let me start off by saying, I have ALWAYS wanted to be a part of a Bunco group. So, I was SUPER excited when I got the call from my friend, Kimberlee, to see if I could fill in for her sister.

Kimberlee and I met up with another girl so we could carpool to the house where we were playing. Once we got there, I was asked about my ever-growing belly, which lead to questions about if it was my first and that lead to me telling about sweet Abigayl.

To my amazement, the girl we rode over with had also lost her 3 month old daughter to SIDS two years ago. I have not once physically met another mom that had been through the same ordeal as me. I felt such an amazing connection with her and especially because this year has been harder for me than what I felt I went through last year. Maybe the pain is just different this year, I'm not sure. But, I now have a friend that I can share my deepest, hardest feelings with and she can understand 100% where I am coming from.

I know it is an odd thing, but I look forward to being able to become better friends and have more opportunities to talk, share, cry and laugh together.

God is good and he does things in His time.

All-in-all, I made many new friends last night, had a WONDERFUL time, ate some YUMMY food and made a connection with someone that I didn't know if I would ever get to make.

No comments: