Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sweet Potatoes and Birds.... Who Knew?

While sitting at my desk, a flock of birds started landing right outside the door. I could see them nibbling on something and I thought maybe Rusty had thrown some bread out to them. Then I remembered I don't keep bread in the house.

After looking a little closer I realized it was the sweet potatoes I had made the other night. I had boiled some sweet potatoes in preparation for some sweet potato casserole but then had a craving for pizza instead. Being wasteful, I left the sweet potatoes out on the counter instead of putting them away for the next day. Oops. I'm sorry. I know I could have fed 4-5 hungry people with my wasted sweet potatoes but I was too excited for the deliciousness of the pizza.

Anyway, back on track here, I thought it was pretty neat that the birds were eating my wasted (not so much now that they were enjoying them) sweet potatoes. I think I may throw more things out in the yard instead of the trash!

Does that mean I will have the stinky house on the block?! Maybe that might not be a good idea.

No comments: