Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Babymoon in Branson

Over the weekend, Rusty and I headed over to Branson, MO for a little mini-vacation without a baby in tow (except in my belly!).

Before heading over, we went and decorated Abigayl's site for Christmas. We found a pink tree this year and decided it would be so fitting for our little angel. Truth be told, this year has been much harder than what I thought it would be. I thought it would have been easier to deal with but the emotions are running high and I am missing her SO much this year.

After visiting Abigayl, we headed for Branson. When we arrived at Big Cedar Lodge, we decided to eat there. The food was divine as usual! It was very relaxing.

After dinner, I talked Rusty into going for a swim in the heated indoor pool. The thought of being weightless just made me giddy. I have carrying around this weight and was ready to feel it not there for just a moment. The only issue was that the heated pool wasn't very heated. I survived a whopping 5 minutes in the pool before I started shivering and was ready to be done. So much for being weightless. I guess I'm going to have to just wait out the next 7 weeks until I can have part of the weight "fall" off.

After our "swim", we headed over to the family friendly "bar" to listen to the singing cowboy. He is fantastic. It is like a stand up comedian meets and country singer. I was and absolute stress reliever!

Saturday we went to a Christmas show.

Here we are waiting for the show to start.
After the show we did some shopping and a little more eating. I think I may have to work out twice a day until I deliver to make up for all of the eating that was done on this trip!
Sunday we headed out to walk around town before heading for Silver Dollar City. I LOVE Silver Dollar City. If you have never been, you should try to go. They have the most beautifully lit park for Christmas and the food is WONDERFUL!
Thankfully, all of the rides that Rusty likes were open so he was able to get in some thrill rides in between walking around and eating.
This little squirrel is so used to the lady that works there, he practically went up and kissed her when she brought out some peanuts for him.

He was only a foot or so away!

Just a little taste of the lights they put up. I wish the picture did it justice.

I tried my hardest to capture it so I could share it all with you.

It was such a nice time (even though it was on the chilly side!)

I needed a break before we headed up the hill to head back to the hotel.

This was the tree in the Registration building. It was HUGE as were the ornaments. It was beautiful though.

This was the HUGE tree in Falls Lodge. I love the red, white and gold decorations. It was beautiful.
We had such a nice time. It was great to get away before our lives change, again, for the better. I can't wait until next year when we can take Rowynn to see all of the lights.
Now, it is back to the grind. We have 7 weeks to get the house ready for our little guy!!

No comments: