Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry CHRISTmas!!

Christmas Eve we braved the sleet and snow to head down to Tulsa for dinner with Rusty's dad, step-mother, sister (and family) and brother (and family). The original plan was that there would be 23 people meeting up at Cheesecake Factory for dinner. The final number ended up being 13 instead, still not bad considering the weather conditions.

This is what it looked like shortly after leaving for the restaurant. As we continued south, the weather got worse. We had blizzard conditions and it made for some very scary driving conditions. Thankfully, Rusty is a super pro and we made it there and back with out a hitch.

What was great about the weather is the fact that we finally had a WHITE CHRISTmas. By the time we woke up this morning, we had 8-9 inches on the ground! I was super excited about that.


Before we tore into the tree, I decided to snap a picture. Santa came and filled my stocking plus left some joint presents for the two of us!

Lots of good stuff under there!

Our 2009 CHRISTmas morning. I can't wait to have Rowynn in the picture next year.

I won't go through the full list of all of our presents because that would become monotonous to read. But, Rusty did get the coffee maker he was wanting! Thanks mom... once again you nailed it!!!
It was tradition with my mom to get pajamas on Christmas Eve. I was stubborn and didn't want to open a present early. But, I did get my pajamas from my sweet hubby. Plus, Rusty got me a snuggie! I have really enjoyed being under that thing today.

While we opened presents, I had some monkey bread baking in the oven. It was Rusty's request for his Christmas breakfast.

Do to our blizzard conditions, we have a snow bank on our front porch that is probably 3 feet tall! But look how beautiful our yard looks. I'm going to try to get out there tonight to take a picture of the house with the snow and the lights. Rusty did such a great job this year that I hate to not share it (show it off!) with everyone.

I finally listened and got Rusty a helicopter. You can see it down on the floor in front of him.

Here it is in mid-air! It is the 2 blue lights you see near the door. I think he has enjoyed getting to play with his toys today.
All around, we have had a very spectacular Christmas. We enjoyed each other's company, eating good food and playing LOTS of games. I'm looking forward to the rest of the weekend with my amazing husband. Though, I can't wait until next year when we will have our little guy to spoil and share the excitement with.
I has been a hard day knowing that this would have been Abigayl's second Christmas. I wish she could be here for us to spoil and love on. I know that she is feeling our love and getting to play with all of her angel friends and Christ himself today. I'm thankful that God sent his son Christ to the earth just so we could spend eternal life with him in Heaven. What an amazing day this day represents.
Merry Christmas to all of my friends and family. I love you all.

No comments: