Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas......

 Rowynn, Rusty and I went out this weekend to decorate Abigayl's spot.
 It always makes me feel good to have her spot decorated for this wonderful time of year. I just wish that she could have been here for a Christmas. I would have loved to see her reaction to all of the lights and prettiness that occurs this time of year.
 I just hope that she enjoys the little things we do. It is our way of having her be a part of this time with us. We miss her so much. As we were leaving the cemetery, it hit me that never in a million years would I have thought that at 28 years old I would be decorating my daughters resting place for the third Christmas after her birth. That is a pain that sever seizes to let up.
 But, here is the brightest spot of our Christmas season this year. He helps the pain be a little less. He gives us another focus. He gives us joy. He fills us with love.
 It always moves me to see him at his sister's place. I love watching him touch the plaque. It helps me feel that they can be "together" in some way. I know that this is the only way I'm going to have them in a picture together.

 It was nice watching Rowynn "help" his daddy decorate Abigayl's spot.
 Even though it was cold, I think he really enjoyed getting to crawl around and touch all of the pretty things.

 Abigayl's decorations on our tree....

 This ornament and the one below have been hung up on Abigayl's tree at her spot for the last two years. We decided this year to bring them in to our tree so they don't get ruined.


 We finally put up the tree! We were waiting until we bought a baby gate but after going to a friend's house and watching Rowynn ignore the tree we decided to put it up with out the gate. I am so glad we did. He does really well around it and it saved us some money!

It is so crazy to have FOUR stalkings on the fireplace this year! What even more crazy? Next year we are going to have FIVE!! Wholly moly, I am the mother of THREE children.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog! I've included it on a site I've created, which is a compilation of some of the best blogs in the city.

Best of Blogs Oklahoma
http://bestofblogsoklahoma.wordpress.com/