1. Family Drama. I will eliminate this by not being a part of it. It will lift a ton of stress off my shoulders and allow me to focus on MY family and the drama free zone we have in our household (until we have teenagers or a girl!).
3. Low Self-Esteem. I will tell myself something positive every time I look in the mirror. Hopefully by doing so I can turn my self image around to be a more confident person. Confidence = Beauty. It would be nice to feel good about myself for a change.
4. Wasting Food. I will come up with exciting ways to use leftovers rather than throw them out. I am terrible about eating leftovers and I know that is just a waste of money. I will search for recipes that will utilize the food I have already prepared in the fridge. I will have more money per month since I'm not having to cook as many meals.
5. Eating Out. I don't mean no eating out at all, just a huge limit on the amount per week. We don't eat out too terribly often as it is but I think if we could cut it down to once a week we could save quite a bit of money. It would require me to cook 3 meals on weekends but I think the savings would be tremendous. Maybe then we could pay down our debts faster.
6. Cursing. I don't curse like a sailor or anything but every now and then I find a bad word slip out. I would like for there to be no foul words in my vocabulary. I want to be a wonderful influence on my baby and if I have curse words slip out then I'm not being much of an example.
7. Sugar. I know that it is not very feasible to eliminate it completely but I would like to really limit my intake. I would do this by only allowing myself a dessert on the weekend. ONE dessert. I think if I reduced the amount of sugar I ate I would see a drastic difference in my weight (after the baby is born of course!). I think it would also make me healthier and give me a better self-esteem.
8. Unnecessary Spending. If I really watch what I spend and make sure I'm only buying things a NEED rather than what I WANT I could help to reduce our monthly living costs. If I did a better job at the grocery store I could maybe lower our weekly grocery costs which would allow us to put more toward other debt. Doing this would help us feel more in-control of our finances.
9. Clutter. This is the year I need to go through all of the closest, drawers, cabinets, papers and piles to figure out what needs to be purged, donated or kept. I think if I were able to get rid of the clutter it would help my stress level. Clutter is like laundry, if the pile is big than I get to overwhelmed looking at the pile to conquer the pile.
10. Amount of television I watch. I will admit that I watch WAY too much television. I plan to turn the television off for majority of the day so that I can focus more on Rowynn and the housework that needs to get done. If I could, I would cancel our cable all together. I know that Rusty would miss having ESPN if we did though. My limiting the amount that I watch, I will have more quality time with the baby of the house.
11. Fried Food. If I were to stop ordering anything fried, I would make a dent at my weight loss goals. I also would improve my health, which would help me feel better about myself. I really want to be a good example for the kids and to do so I want to be a healthy person for my kids to look up to.
It is all kind of random but there you have it, 11 things I would like to eliminate (or cut back on) in 2011. I can't wait to share another year with you wonderful folks.