Thursday, May 6, 2010

X-Ray and a Needle

I went to the rheumatologist this morning. First of all, can you say stressful?! I really should have had Rusty stay home with the little guy for this one.

There is nothing like a fussy little boy to keep a mommy distracted while trying to talk about what is going on.

After consulting (the the very patient doctor), he had me go get blood drawn (a lot of it!) so he could test for autoimmune diseases, other inflammatory disorders and genetic disorders. I also had to get a chest x-ray to rule out sarcoid. I'm not sure how long it will take to get all the results back but in the mean time he put me on an anti-inflammatory. He said once he gets the results he will see if he wants to change the medication.

Unfortunately, the new drug takes two weeks to build up in the system. So, I'll probably be on the steroids for at least two more weeks. BOO!!

I have an appointment with my normal eye doctor on Tuesday and I will get to find out what he thinks and what his game plan will be for me. I'm not sure when I will go back to the rheumatologist. I guess they will call me when the results come in and we will go from there.

No comments: