Saturday, May 1, 2010

Bunco x 2

I have spent the last two evenings playing Bunco! It has been WONDERFUL! Thankfully I have an AMAZING husband who was willing to hangout with our little man while mommy had mommy time, twice.

Thursday night I hosted Bunco at my house and made it Pioneer Woman themed. All of my food and the prizes were Pioneer Woman.

We had:
Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
and Burgundy Mushrooms and bread for dipping (in her cookbook)
with a tossed saladand to finish it off, cinnamon rolls with my cream cheese frosting (I'll post it at the end)

Unfortunately, I did not take one picture out of both nights! I know... what kind of blogger am I?!

As for the prizes I gave out... the Bunco winner got Pioneer Woman's cookbook (a staple in my house!) and the other two winners got cast iron skillets.

After Thursday I was left with FOUR pans of cinnamon rolls! Plus leftover everything else. Thankfully, round two of Bunco asked that you bring a dish. Perfect! I reheated all my leftover Bunco food and took that with me.

Friday night I went and played Bunco to help raise money for CF. What an incredible fundraiser they put on. The gift baskets they raffled off were LOADED with great stuff. The one I really wanted was $600 of food gift cards to lots of places around here. Plus, they had a bunch of door prizes they raffled off.

I really wish I could put something like that together to raise awareness for SIDS. I really don't think it gets the attention it deserves. Most parents don't even think about it or know much about it. Maybe one day it can have as much attention as autism or cancer.

Cream Cheese Icing:

1lb butter, 1lb cream cheese, 2lb powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla

Cream together butter and cream cheese. Add powdered sugar and mix for 10 minutes. Add vanilla and mix well.

No comments: