Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fried Pies... Must Try!

Last night for dessert I made fried pies (off Paula Deen's website). Let me just say, easy and delicious, are the two words I would use to describe them!

To make them, just grab:
2 cans biscuits (mine had 8 biscuits per can)
flour, for dusting
pie filling (I used cherry and apple)
oil, for frying
cinnamon/sugar, for sprinkling

Pop open your cans and roll out each biscuit. You want the biscuit to be thin so it fries evenly.

Place 1-2 tablespoons of pie filling in the middle of a biscuit. Wet the edge of the biscuit with water and place another biscuit on top. Dip fork prongs in flour and crimp the edges together to seal the filling in.

Heat 1/2 in. of oil in a skillet to 350 degrees. Place pies (2-3 at a time) in the oil and cook for ~ 2 minutes per side. Be sure not to over brown your pies. Place fried pies on paper towels to drain and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mix.

I put whipped cream on our pies (only because I forgot to pick up ice cream at the store), they turned out amazingly delicious.

No comments: