Monday, February 16, 2009

My Alaska Trip...

I went to Alaska to visit my family for 11 days. As usual, it was absolutely beautiful and the weather was surprisingly nice. A balmy 20 something most the time I was there.

My trip was filled with yummy food and lots of family bonding time. It was definitely needed.

This is the view from the mall in Anchorage.... I love the mountains.
My brother, mom, niece and nephew all went swimming at the indoor water park.

After all of the swimming we were all hungry... so lunch at Arby's

The kids ( Jake, Jordan and Josh) all piled on to their dad to watch a movie on the computer

I think I have the cutest niece and nephews!

After all of the bowling we played on the Wii, my mom took Jake and I real bowling.

Look at that... almost a strike. Only one pin left! And that's with out the bumpers up.

Now he has some bumpers... he bowled over a 100! I think he's a natural.

I steadily got worse. I bowled over 100 on the first game and then I don't think I even broke 100 on the second game!

Of course we had to have ice cream after! What kind of outing would it be with no ice cream?!

I don't think I can even begin to tell you how much I love these kids. They mean the world to me.

Being an aunt is one of the greatest feelings in the world.

So, it was a low key trip since the snow on the ground makes it tough for any outdoor activities. But, it was a great time with lots of good family time. I'm thankful I was able to go. My mom spoiled me with good restaurants, of course, and I came home with more clothes then I came with. It's always nice to go shopping in mom's closet!

No comments: