Monday, June 2, 2008

Abigayl's Long Awaited Arrival

I was due on the 21st of May but ended up getting induced on the 23rd. I had to go in at 4 pm on the 22nd to get ready for the next day.


This was the last meal I ate until the 24th! Thank goodness for lunchables and fruit!!
My mom flew in from Alaska for the big event. She arrived at the hospital at 11pm on the 22nd. By the time she got there the nurses were ready to give me my ambian to help me sleep. It didn't work! I got two hours of sleep!! Then I started to feel mild contractions.
My wonderful husband was such a great coach. He used all the techniques we learned and kept me calm through all the pains and stress. After the doctor broke my water (at 7:30am) my contractions got worse... thank goodness for the epidural, I only had to be in BAD pain for about an hour.
After 13 hours of waiting for my labor to progress the doctor decided to that it wasn't going the way it should. So, I prepared for a c-section.
They made me drink some super sour stuff before taking me in to the OR. We went in at 6:20ish.
Rusty got to wear this super cool get up. He looks like he's ready to scrub in!!

At 6:40, Abigayl made her debut. The doctor held her over the curtain so we could see her. She was then taken to be cleaned off (Rusty got to go over and see her). They brought her over right after cleaning her so I could cuddle and kiss her.

Rusty then was allowed to cut the umbilical cord.

She weighed 7 lb. 3 oz. and was 19 3/4 in.

While they finished putting me back together, Rusty was able to walk her down to our room where Grandma Diana, Grandpa and Grandma Patty waited.


I think he has to be the proudest daddy!!


Grandma Diana was pretty proud herself. It was great that she was able to come down. I don't know what I would have done without her!

Grandpa and Grandma Patty were pretty excited as well.


Her little feet after getting foot prints done!


Her Grandma Linda and Great grandma Jean were pretty happy to welcome her as well.


This was my first time getting to hold her out side of the OR. I couldn't sit up so we had to just lay together.

The new Stamper family!! What a great addition.


Rusty's first time changing her diaper... he had to do it a lot since I was unable to get out of bed for 12 - 15 hours after the surgery.


Rusty giving Abi her first bottle... He is such a great daddy.


My sweet angel.... I love her a whole lot


The nursery not only gave her a cute pink bow... she also got a faux hawk!!!

Luckily, I was able to go home on the 25th. I have now been home for a little over a week and I am feeling better every day. Abigayl has a great schedule that she sticks to very well. I am still sleep deprived, but am able to catch a nap every time she has one.

Grandma Diana stayed with us for a week after she was born. It was great having her here for many reasons, but one really big one was that she took the night shift the whole week. It allowed Rusty and I to catch up on some much needed sleep. Thanks Grandma!! You are loved and missed!




No comments: