Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Eye Update...

I had an eye appointment this week and it looks like the inflammation is going down SLOWLY. I am still on 60mg of prednisone but he put me on different eye drops. Hopefully these ones will make a difference.

I finally got an appointment with a rhuematologist! I go Thursday morning... woo hoo! Hopefully the rheumatologist will be able to recommend a different medication which will help with the inflammation and get me off of the steroids.

Also, my mom was talking to a doctor up in AK and his sister dealt with something similar to what I am going through. It took 20 years but she finally went to a neurologist and found that the eye problem was linked to MS. I'm going to talk with my eye doctor tomorrow to see if he can get me in with a neurologist.

It would be nice to know the cause and not just treat the problem. Hopefully we will get to the bottom of this VERY soon.

On a lighter note, I have lost 5 pounds and 1 inch! I was actually able to button a pair of my pre-pregnancy jeans!! Now if I could just get into the rest of them. Oh well. I will keep up with my workouts. I have completed 23 days of the shred! I have been on level 3 for the last 3 workouts and it is INTENSE! I'm so glad I started the program.

Seven more days and I am going to do another round of the shred. I'm going to see how much I can accomplish before I move on to P90X.

No comments: