Wednesday, July 20, 2011

First Doctor Visit

 Brennyn's first visit to his pediatrician!! 

When we left the hospital, he had dropped from 8lb 6oz down to 7lb 12oz. I was eager to see if he had gained or was continuing to lose. Brennyn was successful at latching on so I was able to breastfeed him but, the whole time I was nervous that he wasn't getting enough. I had been looking forward to this appointment since the day we left the hospital!
 He gained!!!
 He was 8lb 3oz! Not only did he gain weight, he also grew in length (or they didn't measure right at the hospital). He was 19.5 inches at the hospital and he was 20 inches at his appointment. That put him in the 50 percentile for both height and weight.
 Proud daddy...
 and mommy!! 
(don't mind the swollen face... thankfully it has since gone back to normal)
 I love watching Rusty be a daddy...
 he just beams!
So far so good! Brennyn is a good little eater and we are working on getting him on a good schedule. He typically eats every three hours which makes for long nights! Up an hour, sleep two... up an hour, sleep two...repeat!

Besides the schedule, I couldn't be any happier. I love having and watching our two sons. Our lives are a lot more hectic, we lack sleep but, we are full of joy.

No comments: