Friday, June 17, 2011

Six Years

Six years ago in the sweltering heat of Lafitte, Louisiana, I married a man that I was madly in love with. In our short six years of marriage, we have been put through the wringer but, we always find a way to make it out stronger than we were when we went in. Rusty is not only the man I am even more madly in love with, he is also my best friend, my confidant, my rock, my security blanket and my biggest supporter.

I can't say that I have had to put forth quite as much effort as Rusty. If it wasn't for his understanding, patience, unconditional love, patience, support, shoulder to cry on and did I mention patience?! I'm not sure if our marriage could have survived the extremes we have had to weather. It takes a lot of patience to be married to me! Thankfully, God gave Rusty and immense amount of patience.

I love my husband more today than I did on the day that I married him. I would marry him again in a heartbeat and I know that we will spend the rest of our lives together, loving each other and supporting one another.

No comments: