Thursday, August 5, 2010

Six Months!!

Today marks Rowynn's six month birthday! I am so excited to reach this milestone. Over the past six months we have experienced a lot of emotions but I think that we have reached a point where we are more comfortable than anything else.

I know that starting off I was very anxious, watchful and hyper-alert about every noise or lack of noise. Now, I spend less time hovering over his monitor to watch for breathing and more time getting things done.

Rowynn is loving his solids! I think his favorites are sweet potatoes and carrots. I love having a veggie lover!! He is not so keen on the green veggies but I'm hoping that will change over time.

Little man has really been "trying" to crawl. He tends to get up in a push-up position and then tries to figure out the whole leg situation. Hopefully he will be moving and shaking pretty soon. I'm looking forward to having him to chase around the house.

Rowynn has decided he doesn't need to talk anymore. He communicates by blowing raspberries and spitting all over! It is pretty funny except when he decides to do it with food in his mouth!

He still is working on the sitting up thing. We practice all the time but he still isn't stable for very long without support of a pillow. He does like to play with his toys while supported by the boppy. Though he does start to get frustrated with them!

I feel like I've been saying it for months now but I think he may be teething. He is a drooling mess! I keep watching for a sign other than the drooling but so far LOTS of drool is what we get. I won't rush the teething thing because I'm not ready to regress back to newborn sleep patterns! I have grown accustom to my full nights sleep and am not looking forward to giving that up!

No comments: