Thursday, October 18, 2012

Advice, please

Here is my dilemma, I try my hardest not to get stuck in a rut of things to feed the kids, but I have.

Breakfast: whole wheat waffles, nutrigrain bar, toast, sausage, bacon, biscuits, apples, grapes, oranges, banana (offered many times but won't take: eggs, oatmeal)

Lunch: mac and cheese, chicken strips, qusadilla, cheese and crackers, green beans, peas and corn, carrots, celery, biscuit pizzas

Dinner: I always give them whatever we are having, but if they don't eat it, which is most of the time, I'll make them one of the above choices.

I give the kids a fresh fruit every morning and they get a fruit and veggie at lunch and dinner.

So, what do you feed your kids? What are some new ideas? I've browsed some websites, but I'm not really going to spend 20 minutes cutting my kids' food out in shapes!

I'm trying to get away from lunch meats and hot dogs since they aren't a very natural food. Sadly, we can't afford to buy all organic meat, but I feel I can at least do away with two of the things that are highly processed. Don't get me wrong, every now and then I will buy them, but I only buy the kind that are preservative free because they do not contain nitrates and nitrites (you should look up the affects, pretty scary).

Thanks for those of you who have time to give me some ideas!

Oh yeah, Brennyn isn't supposed to have peanut butter until he is two. So if I do a PB&J, I can only do it for Rowynn and then I have to make two lunches. That just doesn't sound appealing!

No comments: