Thursday, February 2, 2012

Photo A Day Challenge






I happened to repin this "Photo A Day Challenge" onto my Photography board on Pinterest and decided that instead of just repinning and then forgetting, I might as well jump on it! 
For those of you who do not know what Pinterest is, oh my word! It is the BEST sight for putting all the junk you see on the web and want to revisit at some point. LOVE IT! 

Here is how to find me on Pinterest <------ just click on "Pinterest"

 1. "your view today"

This is the view from my porch swing. It has been a special spot for me since May 2008 because it is where Abigayl and I would sit almost every evening and wait for daddy to some home from work. It is now the spot where I sit with my boys and look at the garden we planted in honor of Abigayl. There is a bronze plaque on the heart that has a picture of Abigayl and 2008 written. I love this spot.

2. "words"

During my Daniel Fast, one of the devotionals was about choosing 5 smooth stones (referring to the 5 stones David had to slay Goliath), by stones she meant scripture, to get me through whatever difficulty I was facing. I chose to work on my temper. I tend to be one that reacts first, thinks and then feels horrible about my words or actions. As you can see, Proverbs (the book I have been focusing on for my personal time) is full of great nuggets of truth. I have these hung all over the house so that when I feel my temper coming on, I can go read through the list a few times before I react. It is a process, but I have faith that I will be able to get passed it, eventually.

No comments: