Thursday, December 8, 2011

To Use or Not to Use

For the first time in my 10+ years that I have been on "the pill", I looked up how it works and now I am having inner conflict.

With all the hormonal contraceptives and the IUD, it doesn't necessarily prevent the fertilization of the egg but it does make an "inhospitable environment in the lining of the uterus where a fertilized egg can't imbed". So, that means that there is a chance that an egg can be fertilized but just not have a place to go. Which leads me to the conclusion that my birth control pills are, in a way, acting as an abortion.

Seeing that I do not support abortion and that I believe that conception starts the minute an egg is fertilized, I guess I can no longer use medicinal forms of contraception?! Yikes, let's hope God isn't ready to bless us with another little one any time soon!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I totally respect how you feel! If you chart your cycle, you can give yourself a little more reassurance. I have been off birth control for almost a year (making me fatty and moody haha) we just chart my cycle! And sometimes use another form of BC for him!