Friday, September 30, 2011

Three Years Ago....

On this day, three years ago, I had to make the worst phone call of my life. I had to give CPR to my baby girl when I knew there was no point. I had to see my husbands face when he walked into our home that was filled with emergency workers. I had to hear the news that my baby became a statistic to SIDS.

On this day, three years ago, I gave thanks to my God. I thanked him for the four months he gave me with my beautiful daughter. I thanked him for every smile, giggle and sweet moment I was able to share with Abigayl. I thanked him for a husband that never placed blame on me. I thanked him for letting my husband come home for lunch that day so my husband could play with our daughter one last time.

As much as this day hurts, it is also a reminder of the amazing love God has for me. Though my heart aches everyday, he gives me many reasons to be thankful.

No comments: