Thursday, December 18, 2008

More pain and loss

Well, it has been a very bad last couple of days. I had some cramping Monday, when I talked to my ob's nurse she said as long as I wasn't bleeding I was okay. Tuesday I had more cramping while walking around the mall. Once again, the nurse said to take some Tylenol and rest (~2pm). I started having a lot more pain, basically unbearable, and decided to go to the walk-in clinic. Well, they were closed due to the crappy weather we have had. I didn't want to go to the ER because I though my problem wasn't ER worthy.

Finally, the pain was SO bad that I went to the ER at 12:30 am. What a waste of time! The only thing they did that helped me out was give me pain medicine at 5 am. I called my OB's on-call doctor and she said for me to come in at 8:30am. So, I checked myself out of the hospital (6am) and went home to get ready.

My OB said that all the pain I was experiencing could be and eptopic pregnancy and I wasn't far enough along to be able to see much in an ultra sound. He sent me in any way just to see what he could. He said there was a lot of fluid in my uterus and spot that worried him. He decided laproscopic surgery would be best to check every thing out.

My surgery was at 3pm yesterday. He found a large blood clot on my bladder and an ulcer. My tubes are all okay and I will talk to him tomorrow to get some of my questions answered. He thinks that most likely the egg implanted on my bladder and that is what the blood clot was. He won't know any thing for sure until I get my blood drawn tomorrow and checks my hcg levels. If the level goes up there may be something in my uterus. If the level goes down then the blood clot was for sure the pregnancy.

I thank you all in advance for your thoughts and prayers. It is a very difficult time since we lost Abigayl such a short time ago. We were so very excited to be pregnant.

No comments: